9.02.2008

What a month!

August has been incredibly busy at the Bean household. We had company every weekend including this past weekend along with transitioning baby bean into a big girl bed and making, transporting and setting up wedding cakes. Needless to say a slow September is what I'm looking forward too.

Baby Bean is in her newly madeover room with big girl paint, a big girl dresser and most importantly a big girl bed which she LOVES! We haven't had the slightest problem getting her to sleep in her bed and she loves it. I will say it is quite a change though to have a 2 1/2 year old just climb right up into your bed at 7:00am when she has woke up and can now get out of her bed and room without assistance. :) She is growing up so fast! We still have some more decorating and painting to do but we're getting there.

Like I mentioned above this past weekend was the wedding I have been working on cakes for for the past 3 weeks. I would rate it an all around success. Bride and groom were both pleased with the result and thought the taste was "illegally good." And that's a quote from the groom. The only major thing I would have done differently is on the bride's cake. Unfortunately when we leveled and squared up the bottom layer of cake it took it in about an inch around the sides leaving the 2nd tier slightly larger than expect. This resulted in a slight over hang of the corner leaving no room for the shell border to continue around the end of that particular cake. Otherwise all went well and I am happy to say I have no other wedding cakes lined up at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I would love to do more of them but there would most definitely have to be a charge next time around for all the stress and work put in.

Here are some pictures of the new big girl room and the cakes.









7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so impressed with the cakes!

8:21 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

Thanks! The whole process had a love hate relationship quality to it. :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Nick M. said...

Cakes look great. I can't WAIT to see what the Democrat cake looks like once President Obama wins in November

2:11 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

you be waiting a while for that one brother bean. :) I may request Jason make me a cake in the shape of Alaska with the Republican elephant in the middle! :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

PLEASE !!!!!!
I have decided that I want a cake just like the one you made for this wedding. I will take only two layers though...

2:47 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

I don't know about a wedding cake IF you win but I'll definitely get creative if the need arises. I'm not counting on it though. ;)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Hey!

You are getting quite talented with your cake decorating! NICE job!

Send me an email so I can collect your email address again. I had a computer crash and have lost addresses... and I want to say some things privately rather than here. ;)

How bout that Gov Palin!!! :D

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links