1.21.2009

Jason's Prize

For those who weren't aware, Jason and I made a bet on the presidential election and the loser was to make a cake for the winner that reflected their candidate's win in some way. Well, sadly I lost the bet and therefore I was charged with making Jason an Obama/Democrat affiliated cake. This is what I came up with:



While I liked how it turned out I do have to admit that it could have been better. But in my defense I was working in a borrowed kitchen with only a few of my cake decorating supplies at my disposal. Jason, I hope you enjoyed it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I did not know you were a cake making expert!
How nice!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Nick M. said...

YES WE CAN ENJOY THAT CAKE!

Ahhh the cake was delicious. To Val: the corncob holders were to hold up the foil that covered the cake as it traveled from Selma to Montgomery.

Glad you were able to 'pay up', and more specifically I am glad you and the fam were able to come see me. Welcome back to the posting world, try not to be a stranger (or at least any stranger than you already are...HA!)

10:27 AM  
Blogger The Bean said...

Yes, yes. Cake making expert? I'm not so sure about expert. Perhaps cake making experimenter would be more appropriate Kat. :) As Brother Bean said, it was to hold the foil off the cake in transit Valerie. BTW, it was so nice to see you last week! We should do it again soon. And yes, I have many blogs to write as soon as I get the house in order and my pictures all updated from my new phone to the computer. Be on the lookout!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Lovely.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I very much enjoyed the cake but it was more enjoyable to see all of yall !!!
THANKS

5:10 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Beautiful cake... very good sport of you, I love it.
I hate that we missed you guys by only a FEW days back south. I loved the picture of your little ones with the twins on Nick's blog.

And yes, keep up the posting!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That cake is SO cute!! What a good sport! :) Love it. And it was so great to see you all last week!

12:28 PM  
Blogger M'elle said...

Good job! With limited ingredients it shows are very talented and have a good eye for designing!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links