3.28.2006

Old People on Bicycles...



...crack me up! And piss me off, but mainly crack me up. Over here it is the preferred mode of transportation for the elderly. It some ways that's great. You don't have to follow so many old people in cars going 50kmh (30mph) in a 70kmh (45mph) zone and you aren't as likely to be hit by one not looking where they are going. On the other hand you have them riding down the middle of the road because they can no longer see the bicycle lane markings to stay inside them. Anyways, you should see the old folks around here. And I really mean old like in their 80's pedalling their little bikes with the basket on the front and metal "luggage" rack on the back. They remind me all to often of the Wizard of Oz. You know when the tornados going on and Dorothy looks out the window to see the old person on the bicycle? I'll try to snap a picture soon and post for all to see. It will put a smile on your face when you see it. At least it does mine.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Bean said...

Bicyclists around here are so incredibly annoying. Bicycle lanes here really don't do any good because they don't know the mean of "single file" here. they all ride side by side and then you're stuck going 5mph until you find a place to go around the hoards of them that their are.

by the way, why can't I see my new blog template?

3:30 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

weird, now i see it. My computer must be on the fritz!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is that a law or something, that they have to ride bikes? I think that is a fantastic idea. My Grandmother should NOT NOT NOT be driving. Maybe we should get her a bike...

1:01 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

Not a law. I think perhaps they see that as their way of keeping in shape. They are really cute but unfortunately they do have a tendancy here to be pretty rude about where they ride their bikes. They don't use their designated lane.

I think we have met before Allison. I know you married David from the band, right? Anyway, nice to hear from you. I'll be sure to check out your post too!

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links