2.27.2007

I live in a ZOO!

Nothing really going on here except that I now officially live in a zoo. This may be a bit surprising to you guys but it's true. When we first moved in we noticed in the evening that we had deer in our backyard. Cool, huh? Not when they start pawing at the ground (like a bull) and snorting like they are about to charge you. Well, they never charged me (but I know it crossed their minds) but they do visit a couple times a week and from time to time they'll even show up late in the afternoon. Well that is one animal so no need to classify this place as a zoo. However, while sitting down to dinner the other night I just happened to notice this very ugly rodent running across the field behind our house. What is this rodent you might ask? It was a possum. Yes, it was ALIVE! I know that might sound weird but I don't honestly think I have ever seen a LIVE possum. Well sure enough it was just wandering around contemplating the dumpster behind the church. Well two animals is getting closer but still not quite a zoo. Well, THREE definitely classifies as a ZOO. Last night or maybe I should say this morning about 2:00AM we heard this horrible moaning, howling sound. Immediately I ran to silence Clutch whom I assumed was dreaming and I didn't want him to wake up Brea. Well, I walk in the kitchen and he's actually awake and wagging his tail. I wait a minute and here the noise again coming from in front and behind the house. I run back tot he bedroom to tell David it isn't Clutch. We both run to the window only to see a COYOTE in our back yard. H O L Y CRAP! I officially live in a zoo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Lions and Tigers and Bears Could be next .....

10:22 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

A coyote!! Crazy. I hope the howling doesn't keep you up too much. When I was little, we had a fox in our backyard for about a year. :) And opossums are certainly better than skunks, which are getting ready to take over Kentucky!!!

10:30 AM  
Blogger The Bean said...

Isn't that the truth. "The Dave" is the most dangerous animal we have here at the Bean of all Beans Zoo located just outside of St. Louis. Adults $12.00
Seniors/Kids $6.00
Military FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I have been "threatened" by a deer before - it's more intimidating than one would think.

We used to have coyotes in the field behind our house in Kansas City.

8:05 AM  
Blogger The Bean said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one Bambi doesn't like although I think it was more Clutch than me that was the threatening one to the deer.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links