2.11.2008

A little of this and a little of that

So mother and father bean were here this weekend for 3 days and we had a wonderful visit. Baby Bean wore them both out and cried when they left. Poor thing. She has unfortunately also acquired some sort of stomach bug which has left her acting completely normal except for a random throw up here and a runny poop diaper there. I know all of you were interested in knowing that so I thought I would toss it in.

Mr. Bean is settling into his school schedule now so his stress level has come down which is nice. Now we are deciding what to do for Valentines and my birthday in the coming weeks. I think some nice dinners and movies at the theatre without Baby Bean may be in order. We have a babysitter for my birthday so now we just have to grab one for Valentines. Any takers? :)

Well we celebrated Mother and Father Bean's birthdays while they were here so here are some pictures of the celebration and the cake. Now don't be too brutal with the comments. I'm afraid I aimed a little high for my current skill set but none the less it tasted good. So enjoy the photos!

The Parental Beans making a wish. Baby Bean's helping from behind.

Now if you don't know what it's supposed to be then please, don't tell me. And keep in mind it was a first try thing.

Due to the amount of drawing it took for this I did only two sides for the top and two for the bottom half and added some other creative elements to finish it off. Had it been going on display for an actual paying customer it would have been completed all the way around and hopefully looked a bit better.

While overseas we took them to Paris and all went up in the tower so I thought it only fitting to put them on the cake somewhere. And this design was at the request of Father Bean. It was a Coca Cola Fudge cake with Royal Butter Cream base icing and Hershey's Chocolate icing design.

This was a couple weeks ago on a make shift sled Mr. Bean made for the little one. She had a good time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Mielke said...

Nice cake! Glad you guys had a good time! and enjoy your dates. One day I will post but ...don't know when.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Nick M. said...

That cake is pretty flippin' sweet! I can't wait to see what the Democrat cake looks like that you are going to make for Jason in November!!

Glad you got to see Ma & Pa. Looks like it is now your turn to come see us.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

NICE CAKE ....YUM

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links