2.17.2009

Meet Picasso!


So this is what we did this weekend. We had promised Baby Bean a puppy for Christmas since it had been almost 2 years since we put our last puppy, Clutch, down. Well, after 2 weeks of hard core searching and calling about almost every add I found we found him. He is almost 6 weeks old. He is 1/4 Pit Bull, 1/4 Black Lab and 1/2 Australian Shephard. He was originally advertised as a Pit/Akita/Aussie mix which to me sounded like a "Picaussie." So seeing as that was the mix he was with the merle spots on his face we decided we would call him Picasso. The we got there and found out it was Black Lab in him rather than Akita (which is better) but we stuck with the name anyways. So, what do yout think? Pretty cute, huh? Well at this point I am ready to take him back simply because I had forgotten how often they had to pee at night (every freaking hour!). My 3 month old baby doesn't even wake up at night and when he used to it was at the most frequent every 4 hours. I also forgot how whiney they were the first few days at night. I am currently functioning on about 4 hours of sleep so say a little prayer for me that I survive the next couple weeks without incident. :) We can't actually start training him not to whine until he hits 8 weeks and of course his frequent peeing will have to level out with age. Ugh! I love puppies but man I forgot how much work they were. :) Baby Bean is in love with him though so it will definitely be worth it.

Oh yeah, my camera is completely incapacitated now so I may be a bit slower on picture updates until I figure out how to get my pictures downloaded from my camera phone to the computer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Very cute! Love the name.

We have a puppy with us too, i do not have children yet, but i see the similarities between kids and puppies. We have to get up to let our puppy out early in the morning. We also try to wear the puppy out at night so he will sleep through the night:)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ahh! So cute!! Yes, puppies are hard, but they are just so darn cute! :) Congrats!

11:01 AM  
Blogger M'elle said...

Sometimes I think that the only reason puppies (my Ella Bean included) survive their puppyhood is "cuteness" - The things they do during that first year or two.. but they're so CUTE!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I completely agree with Michelle. If Berkeley were not the MOST cutest beagle possibly EVER, Lane would have likely rid us of her YEARS ago.

I'm so glad you guys got a new puppy. He'll grow out of the "puppy stage" and I know how attached you were to Clutch!!!

So cute! Congrats.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links