11.10.2010

Travel Journal Part 1

So today starts the first day of a hopefully renewed blogging career, so to speak.  We have been on vacation for nearly 3 weeks starting in St. Louis and ending in Germany.  I will post segments of our trip over the next few days to get you all up to speed and then it's Europe All The Way!!!


October 13th through 15th we got packed out of the house.  Then spent every waking moment of the next 3 days cleaning our house from top to bottom.  You would never believe how much there is to clean in a totally empty house.  It's INSANE!  Anyways, all was packed and cleaned and on Monday the 18th, after shipping our car on the latest possible day because we didn't receive the duplicate copy of the title until Saturday the 16th, we left out for Alabama in my Aunt's trusty Honda to see all the Bean's (parents, brothers, sisters-in-law, nieces/nephew, friends).

In Alabama we had a great time.  We played cards with mom and dad, I picked out some new jewelery at my dad's jewelery store (he is the watch maker) for my wish list and made parts of a halloween costume for Baby Bean.

We had game night with Little Brother Bean and his family and discovered that his sister-in-law and I actually have a lot in common.  Who knew!  We had a great night visiting, eating and getting my butt kicked in Escalation.  A card game EVERYONE must get and play.

A couple days later mom, the kids and I went to Big Brother Bean's house to spend the day with 2 ADORABLE little girls who I think love their Auntie Em very much.  :)  We played outside on the swingset and enjoyed gorgeous weather.  We had a big family dinner at Big Brother Bean's house where he cooked pot roast, green bean casserole, homemade macaroni and cheese and cooked carrots and we all were STUFFED!  That night we all went out to Zoo Boo at the Montgomery Zoo and I have to say it was really disappointing.  The kids had a blast riding on the tractor hay ride but other than that.....a let down.  I did get a couple cute pictures though.

Dog Pile on Daddy!


Zoo Boo
Saturday Mr. Bean spent the day with one of is best friends from Florida and the kids and I spent the afternoon roaming Prattville before meeting up together at the best little Philipino kitchen in the state!  Seriously, we had all kinds of stuff that I can't pronounce at our friends house that they cooked and it was HEAVEN!  Jojo and Nichole...YOU ROCK!  Later that night we went back to Big Brother Bean's to play games with him and the Love Bean and had a riotous good time as usual.  :)

Sunday we went to an auction with the Bean Parents and had fun ending in a new 1958 Singer Sewing Machine purchase for only $5.  That's right, $5 and all parts WORK.  :)  I love a bargain!  Later that evening I got to have dinner (cooked perfectly) with my two best friends in the world and play with the cutest little 2 year old you have ever seen.  :)  So sweet EK!

Two of my favorite Beans watching Monster Jam together...anyone notice how they dressed alike???


Monday we were able to get together with the brother's Bean again and their families for pictures at the Prattville park and then dinner at Cracker Barrel.  A family favorite.  It was a semi-late evening but we all had a blast and I was so grateful to get to see everyone again before leaving out the next morning for part 2 of our vacation. 
Cracker Barrel Fun!

 The LOVE their Uncle Andrew

 One cute group of grandkids if I do say so myself!
 Tune in tomorrow..........

2 Comments:

Blogger Jojo said...

Y'all are welcome here anytime! Hope to see y'all in Germany before you come back!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

So glad you got to visit with everyone before heading out to Germany. God Bless you and keep you all safe and well during your time away from home. ♥

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links