4.05.2006

Bumfuzzled


Check it out. So I'm walking around the grocery store today with the little bean in her car seat and I look down and she's got her pacifier in her hand just holding it by the little ring and looking at me. Now I know you must be thinking, "so she's holding a pacifier, big deal." Normally that would be my thought, but as she has yet to be able to hold onto anything for any amount of time, let alone by it's actual handle, I was a bit bumfuzzled. Before she will grab something if you put it in her hand but then she instantly drops it. I don't believe she realizes her hands are attached to her body and that she can actually control them. I'm rambbling. Anyways, I put it back in her mouth and keep walking. I look down a few minutes later and the same thing. Holding pacifier in hand by ring, looking at me. Well this little dance (me popping it back in and her pulling it back out)continues throughout the rest of the store. About the time I hit the check out lane, she decides to leave it in her mouth for good. So I unload groceries, get out my checkbook, start writing the check and I hear this little noise. I look at little bean just in time to see her: pull pacifier out by ring, sneeze, and pop pacifier back in her mouth. HOLY CRAP!!! I just stared at her and said "Are You Kidding Me?!?!?!?" The cashier looks at me and makes a little "huhmm" and I remember that I was in the middle of paying. Needless to say, I was quite shocked and amazed by this new-found ability of said bean. I was unaware of 3 1/2 month olds being that coordinated.

I'm a little scared now. What else is she about to do??? :) :O :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Mielke said...

Bean...that is cute. Tiffany and Co. distributes jewelry by "peretti" check the spelling...anyway, I have a necklace called the "Peretti Bean" and it is just a little silver chain with a little silver "bean" on it...hint hint to Dave.
Enjoyed the post. Our baby has been really sick this week and we are ready for her to get better. It's tough being a puppy mom - my mom says i need to get it together before we consider kids.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think we should all start our blog posts by saying "check it out."

4:38 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

I will definitely check out the Tiffany Bean necklace. :) Thanks for the tip. I hope your baby gets better. I would probably be as upset as you are if my baby or puppy was that sick. Ask Nicholas about the time Seven ate his dog toy. What an ordeal!

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links