2.19.2008


Baby Bean has finally done it! About 5 minutes ago I heard her rummaging around in the bathroom so I peaked around the corner to see what she was doing. As I spied on her and watched in wonder as she moved her stool to the doorway, turned on the light (she was previously unable to reach the light switch), move her stool back in front of the potty, pull her pants down, take off her clean, dry diaper and sit on the potty. I thought, this is too good to be true. But as I listened I heard the glorious sound of little bean tinkling her heart out! She then proceeded to unroll way too much paper, pull only a little piece off and roll the excess back up and wipe herself. She then moved her stool to the sink and proceeded to wash her hands. With Soap! Now, Baby Bean has been going potty on her potty for quite some time and keeping about 60% of her diapers dry. Even occasionally telling me when she wanted to go potty. But this time she did it all by herself without a word to me. We still have a ways to go but what a MILESTONE! Congrats Baby Bean!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

FANTASTIC !!!! Now if we can just get youngest nephew to stop cussing!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Hey Emily!

I'm out surfing/catching up with friends tonight! Congrats on that SMART little bean! She's growing up!

I was glad to see the pics of your Mama and Daddy - they are looking well! Tell them I said a BIG HELLO when you talk to them again.

Guess what!? We are back in Alabama! We moved to Dothan about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It just got too expensive in Panama City and we had no hopes of ever buying a house there. So we moved to Dothan - not so far from the beach that we can't hop in the car and go whenever we want to. It's only 13 miles to the Florida line and another hour to PC from there. We really are loving it here in Dothan too! It's a nice place to live. Lots more to say but gotta go right now and get Katelyn moving in the direction of the bath - it's a school night!

One more thing though - I am with you on McCain! NO-BAMA - GO McCAIN!

Take care girl! Send me an email and I will exchange new contact info with you. (lynn@legacyofhope.org )

XOXOX
Lynn

7:41 PM  
Blogger M'elle said...

Yay! There is nothing like living a life free from the worry of cleaning up... well, you know.
She sounds like an independant girl!
Politically, I am much more on your side of the spectrum, as is my husband. So, rest assured. You're not alone, I just choose not to get into debates with others on politics. There's a lot of things I could say...but, I won't. ;o)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Nick M. said...

Time for a new post. I believe the phrase is "poop or get off the pot"!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links