3.17.2008

I'm still here...in some form...


Well we went to Branson last week for a couple of days to visit some in-laws. It was a lot of fun. We played in the pool at the hotel, stayed up late playing cards, went to the World's Largest Titanic Museum and just had a nice relaxing mini vacation. It's always good to get out of dodge for a few days.

I am doing good. I am past all previous d-days for miscarriages so it puts me a bit more at ease with the whole pregnancy. 8 weeks always seems to be my 1st and most important mile marker and I am now 3 days past it. Hooray! Now if I could just get my health care options in order I would be good. With my insurance we are limited to the mercies of certain people and if we don't like the decisions they make we can choose to do a "point of service" options which is paying out of pocket up to a certain amount and then being covered from there. It's not a large amount but enough to stress you out just a little. My beef is where I currently am I don't have a female OBGYN option under my complete coverage and I also don't have a hospital with my labor options available under my complete coverage. I am going to tour the only hospital option they give tomorrow and decide if it's going to be acceptable or not. I know they may sound snooty to some but when you are having a baby and having so many doctors appointments and such you really should be able to have every option you want at your disposal. I'll let you all know how the tour goes and what we decide. Other than that I am feeling ok. My appetite is insane and I am trying so hard not to give in to it because of my last weight gain. The same thing happened last time and I gained nearly 10 lbs in the first trimester. I am aiming for less than 5 lbs this time. Hey, did anyone else who has had a second, third, etc. child ever noticed getting bigger faster than the first time? Maybe it's in my head but it feels like my belly is growing so fast too early. Any thoughts?

On a different note. Baby Bean has not had any pee pee accidents in over a week and after going poo poo on the potty last week a couple of times she has now started telling me when she wants to do number 2 in the potty and actually doing it in the potty! Hooray! 2 weeks for potty training (in respect to pee pee and not poo poo) has got to be some kind of record! I'm hoping for only another 2 weeks on the whole pooping thing. Wishful thinking? We'll see!

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Mielke said...

love that pic. I'll have to keep that image in mind when Jackie photographs me. Actually I have read on several websites and in What to Expect When Expecting book that post first pregnancies will show sooner and more dramatically...and that you will notice the first flutters more often than first time mommies. Although, I do have to say that Starting sometime last week I have felt full on kicking daily. 3 sometimes 4 times a day. Leftie is much more active than Rightie at this point. Keep me posted!

3:56 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

Love it! Leftie and Rightie! :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

EAT. You lost all that you gained the first time around, and you'll do it again. Plus, now you're chasing a baby, so you're using more calories on a day-to-day basis this time. I gained SO MUCH with Asher and have only gained a little with Silas, and I'm pretty sure most of that is the fact that I'm chasing Asher this time around. Anyay, EAT. Don't worry about pounds. It's the only time in your life you get to do that.

Glad you and the new baby are doing okay.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

i agree with Stephanie - eat it up baby! :) Also, Laura - leftie and rightie? cute :) Bean - glad to hear that everything is safe so far! I've been praying for you!!!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Laura Mielke said...

thanks Liz! that is my leftie and rightie looking down... so that would be flip flop for you guys!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links