4.20.2006

Untitled

So I'm listening to Boston from Jonathan's site while I write this. That was the best post I had read all week. Anyways, back to it. This morning I got in the SRT-4 to help Mr. Bean switch cars around.
<--- SRT-4

Well with our driveway it curves rather steeply and then you have to drive downhill into a two car DEEP garage to park it.

Well, we back the cars in so that to get them out all we have to do is pull forward. Well the SRT-4 is a front wheel drive car with ZERO turning radius whatsoever! I pulled forward around the curve, waited for Mr. Bean to pull the Miata into the grass at the top of the hill and then started to back down around the curve and down the hill back into the garage. Well, about 1/3 of the way down the hill I realized I really was too close to the brick wall running down the driveway so I stopped and switched gears to go forward. Well, the car didn't go forward as it was supposed to and as I had the wheel turned accordingly to go back up the hill and away from the wall, I slid down TOWARD the wall. FREAKING OUT now, I pull the wheel hard and slam on the breaks. I felt the car hit the wall. Talk about seeing your life flash before your eyes.




<--- Our Gargae and Driveway

I waited for Mr. Bean to get out of the car and yell at me for scratching our BRAND NEW car. Well, after several different maneuvers and Mr. Bean finally getting in and pulling back up the hill, I check the side of the car only to be AMAZED that there wasn't a single scratch on the car! Apparently the front tire had been pulled out by my turning the wheel so hard that it actually hit the was instead saving the car itself. Needless to say after that I had him back it back down into the garage while I walked my shakey self back down into the garage. The bad thing is, I back that car in at least twice a day usually. I've never gotten that close. I guess there's a first time for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links