5.13.2008

This and that


On Mother's Day Mr. Bean was supposed to have an auto cross race from 7am to 5pm. Well, due to our obscene wind around here, not to mention the over abundance of rain we've had, his race was cancelled. You see, they score your auto cross by how fast you run the course and add time for however many cones you knock over. Well, the wind was blowing all the cones off the course therefore making it very difficult to score a race. Therefore we go to spend the day together. The whole day! Yea!

We went to church and Baby Bean made me my first real mother's day present in Sunday school. It was so sweet to see how excited she was to have made something to give me. That alone made it the best Mother's Day ever. Then we took Arby's home for lunch, we all took Sunday afternoon naps, then we went to the mall where I got my hair cut, we all had Orange Julius' and then went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. It was wonderful. Then on the way home we stopped by Border's where I got a new book (an Edwardian mystery) and the movie 27 Dresses which we went home and watched after Baby Bean went to bed. It was a wonderful day!

Today I had my 16 week appointment. Baby is still there. Heart beating and flipping like mad. I feel the baby all the time now during the day and it's so much fun. This is one of my favorite parts of being pregnant. My next appointment will be June 12th where I will get to have another ultrasound and find out if we're having another girl or our first boy. I can't wait!

Friday I am going to dinner and the movie, Made of Honor, with some playgroup ladies and then Saturday morning we're headed to Asheville, NC for a week of R&R as a whole family. I can't wait. Until I get back....

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Orange Julius' AND Asheville North Carolina ....How jealous am I ?? If you tell me you found some rare Sinatra CD I might be upset with you !!! :)

11:29 PM  
Blogger MI class 2007 said...

sigh...i love Asheville! enjoy your time there for me :)

glad the appointment went well!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Emily,

Aren't you close to 20 weeks? When will you have your big ultrasound? Will you find out the sex of the baby?

12:14 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Hey Girl!

I saw that Nick and Laura had the babies! Oh my!! VERY early but they are looking great! So how are Grandpa and Grandma doing??? I know they must be excited, afraid, elated, concerned, ALL sorts of emotions.. but the best one is IN LOVE with the newest baby grands!

SO SWEET that baby bean made you a special gift! : ) How precious that she was so excited to present her gift.. what a SWEETIE!! I wish I could meet her! Maybe someday!

You take care of yourself.. no more early arrivals! I know that's not always predictable or preventable,as in Laura's case - but you take care!

Love ya girl!
Lynn

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links