3.20.2009

American Idol and Baby Bean 2 update


Baby Bean 2 went for his 4 month apt. yesterday. He is 14lbs and 26 1/2 inches long. He has moved up to the 93rd percentile for height and but has dropped to the 30th percentile for weight. He was born in the 80th percentile for both catagories and in weight dropped to 68% and now 30%. The doctors are not worried about it because of his age (4 months meaning teething, rolling and just more active in general) but because he still has a small heart murmur AND his weight percentage (not actual weight as he is still gaining weight) has dropped some more they want a cardiologist to do an exam and listen to his heart and make his own assessment for reassurances. That appointment will be on March 30th.

Other than that he is doing great! He gets to start on baby food now so we will be experimenting with sweet potatoes today. Yum! Not really because I don't like sweet potatoes although I do really like sweet potato fries. With garlic salt. That is soooooooo good. :)

I didn't get to post about American Idol before the kick off show Wednesday but this is what I thought. I thought on Tuesday that Kris Allen did the best. I am not by any means a country music fan, anymore, but I will always love me some Garth Brooks. I listened to too much of it in elementary school that it's just a mainstay in my head. Anyways, Kris's version of To Make You Feel My Love was great! For the kick off, if I was going to kick someone off solely based on Tuesday's performances this week I sadly would have kicked off Adam Lambert. His version of "Ring of Fire" was horrible. I don't care if it was a Jeff Buckley version. It was strange and weird and not good. But if I was kicking people off based on overall performances from the start I would have booted Scott McIntyre or Lil Rounds. I really just don't like either one of them and feel like they will soon be leaving the show. Obviously my predictions would have been wrong as Alexis Grace was kicked off but I'm glad the judges didn't use their one veto power to save her. I liked her and thought she was good but not as good as some still on the show who might need that judges save later on.

What's going on with you guys?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick M. said...

Yeah so I may have lied (I'm going to blog about it soon) about doing my weekly Idol run-down. It is going to be a much bigger time commitment than I initially realized (at least until there are fewer contestants). I will try to mix in some shout outs here and there though. Like:

Adam Lambert STINKS...You CANNOT do that to a song like Ring of Fire and expect there to be no repercussions. Also I tried searching it on iTunes as a Jeff Buckley song and couldn't find it.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

We went to a pediatric cardiologist a few months ago. The appointment was really informative and a piece of cake for the baby - honestly, check-ups are harder on them than that. Hope you get some good news at your appointment.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Hey, i did keep in touch with Lindsay and kinda still do. Laurel and Carolyn both went to HC, they were a year behind me. When i graduated from AU i moved back into montgomery and lived with them for about a year while they were still in school.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links