11.06.2008

Baby Delays......


Yesterday around midnight (which was 12:00am Wed. morning) I woke up with contractions about 2-4 minutes apart lasting about 45 sec. to a minute each. Called the doctor after a little while and he said to come on in. Got to the hospital about 2:30am and I was 4cm and having about a 3 on the pain scale of 1-10 for contractions so they admitted me and I was ready. For about 2 hours I had the same contractions. I got in the tub about 4:30 and my contractions slowed to being about 10 minutes apart. After that they went to about 12 minutes apart and at 10:30am when my doctor go to the hospital they had pretty much stopped and she sent me home. :( Boo! So now I am 4-5 cm she said and the good news is that when I do start having contractions like that again it will definitely be the real thing and pretty quick with my progress so far already. She offered to brake my water but if she did that I would be committed to getting him out and stuck there being much less mobile. While I am beyond ready to get him out she could not guarantee that braking my water would start the contraction enough to get the job done without Pitocin and if I didn't get him out within 8-10 hours after having my water broken then they would have to do a c-section because the risk of infection by that point would be too great. So, with no guarantees except that he was doing quite well inside me right now we decided to come home and let him tell me again when he was ready to come out. So as of now I have not had any contractions since 1pm yesterday afternoon and he is as happy and mobile inside me as he ever was. And now 8 days late. :( I am thankful that he is still doing well and that we were able to make this decision with family around to help out for a week.

So, a prayer for us and for Mr. Bean's dad. He had a 2nd heart attack yesterday morning. He will be ok and is going to a step down unit from ICU today but he is not in good health and if this doesn't get him to change his lifestyle then he is in for something much worse soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Are you planning on taking pain meds during labor? I'm so sorry you're still pregnant.

If I had your email address I would email you privately instead of saying this publicly, but desperate times ... s-e-x, Emily. It will be completely ridiculous but I swear you will have that baby TONIGHT if you do.

3:34 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

I am not planning to take pain meds for labor. Which is one of the reasons we have not been induced yet. I didn't use them with Baby Bean and prefer not to this time as well.

We did the night I went into labor so there could be some merit to it. Who knows, maybe we'll try it again.
:)

4:51 PM  
Blogger The Bean said...

Nicholas has my email, Stephanie

4:51 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Awwwww.. Poor girl! I'm sorry they sent you home. What a disappointment I know that was. If you want to go without pain meds though, this is best. Labor will be more efficient without medical intervention. HATE that pitocin anyway - bad stuff!
Hang in there girl!
XOXO

5:17 PM  
Blogger MI class 2007 said...

you got yourself a little trickster there. :) hope he tries again soon!!! thinking about you!! (and this is liz btw - i can't figure out how to change my name! sorry)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

That sounds great Emily ....Will be great to see yall and eat that wonderful cake !!
YUM

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links