4.09.2009

Kids

First let me just say how glad I am that Scott got booted from American Idol last night. :)

Today is brag about your kids day apparently. I am not a very eloquent writer and frequently feel inadequate when I try to write on similar subject to others but I will write on this one because, well, I love my kids.



Baby Bean (Brea) is a carbon copy of her daddy if ever there was one. She is so smart, cunning, energetic, spirited, observant, ... I could go on and on. Her and Mr. Bean are so much alike in manner and character it's uncanny. She does have one thing from me. She is very adaptable. Now I'm not saying Mr. Bean isn't but this girl is up for anything all the time. She loves people and has NEVER been afraid of a Sunday School class, a babysitter, a playgroup, etc. She isn't afraid of people but she is careful. We will walk through the grocery store and if someone says hi to her she smiles and then says "mama, that man said hi to me." At which I tell her that's ok and she can say hi back or that it was very "big girl" of her to tell me and that she should only talk to people I approve of. And yes, she knows what the phrase "approve of" means. Her vocabulary is incredible. I'm pretty sure she could give Grandma Von a run for her money in Scrabble. Her memory is also amazing. She can count to 10 in 4 different languages and knows 90% of her colors in Spanish. She can also say a few phrases in Spanish and French. She even knows the Pledge of Allegiance and can write (legibly) her first and last name without help! She just turned 3!!!! Really, this child is amazing. She loves dresses that twirl and anything with butterflies. She names her dolls and animals things like Moira Abelina. No idea where that came from. Her favorite movie is Beauty and The Beast and her favorite song is The Gambler.



Baby Bean 2 (Sloan) is special. I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's the fact that he's a boy or the fact that he's a boy after I had a girl. I don't know what it is but when I think about him or look at him I just have special feelings just for him. I love both of my children with all my heart and not one more than the other but it is a special feeling that comes over me when I'm with him. He is so charming. He grins at everyone and loves women! He will tolerate guys holding him but if a woman is hold him he is all dimples and squeals. He is almost 5 months old and is eating like a mad man. He eats 2-3 jars of #2 baby food every day in addition to his 32oz of formula. Now I have noticed in the last few days that his formula intake has dropped by maybe about 4 oz which is interesting and I'm sure a by product of all the baby food. He has been rolling around the living room for over a month now and is trying to pull himself hup to a sitting position from his back. He is getting so big and strong. He is now moving into 6-9 month clothes. He loves to blow raspberries and drools like you wouldn't believe! He is my special little man. Oh, and his favorite song is also The Gambler.

Well, that's all I have tonight. I am going to go organize my DVD racks I just got. What are you doing this evening????

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Is The Gambler your favorite song too?

There's something about those little boys ...

9:13 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Awww.. for a non-writer, this is a precious post from the heart! I sure would love to see these babies and enjoy their sweetness! Brea sounds like such a fun little bean!! And Sloan.. well you KNOW how I love babies! Isn't it funny how each one is different and you just have to peel away the layers of 'wrapping' (observation) to see more clearly, the gift that each one is... getting to know them - it's FUN FUN!!

You are blessed!
Love and hugs,
Lynn
P.S. The Gambler's a good one! I like his newest - "The Last Ten Years" - it's good too!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Very sweet post. Thanks for sharing about your baby beans :-) I can't believe how big baby bean 2 is already!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links